you smart, you very smart. Matter of fact, you a genius
Seth Casteel, the photographer behind Underwater Dogs, is back with the adorable series Underwater Puppies (available at Barnes & Noble). Casteel, who taught over 1500 puppies how to swim, hopes to raise awareness of rescue and adoption as well as water safety for pets with these playful photos.
The fifth one oh my god!
Also did not know dogs may need to be taught how to swim? Good thing to be careful of in the future.
I caught a legendary Pokemon on the first pokeball!!!!
I am going to nickname it “Miracle”.
Working in one of our other offices for the day, so I was given a ‘loaner’ laptop to work on from the selection of comps left over when an employee leaves the company. Upon opening Firefox, “frequent sites” display mostly consists of porn and Facebook. Browser history confirms this trend. I think I know why they are no longer with the company. :T
okay okay but hear me out: wizarding tattoos
tattoos of cats that wind around your ankles, birds that fly across your back when you move, a wand that moves when you move your own wand, a map on the back of your hand that shows your current location
the possibilities are endless
"cool you have a cat tattoo can i see it?"
"uh i think it’s sleeping on my ass right now. maybe later."
Did you ever read the fanfic “Mirror of Maybe”? (It was long and fell into some tropes, you don’t necessarily need to if you haven’t, though I liked it very much at the time.) That particular incarnation of Harry’s character has some fairly prominently-featured magical tattoos that do pretty much exactly this so it automatically brought the fic to mind. It’s been in my head-canon for years that they’d have tattoos like this. (I want one.)
anon or not.
seriously there are a BUNCH of you please tell me
Because I met you at BASC and you seemed cool! : D
And let this serve as a belated “HI there!” to the other people I met there! It was nice meeting fellow fans, everyone was so nice! In case you were wondering, I was the Hufflepuff! (Hufflepuff is the best.)
Pyromancers who burst into flames upon death
Cryomancers who freeze up then shatter upon death
Healers who never decay upon death
Druids who dissipate into leaves and flower petals upon death
Necromancers who turn into scattering dust upon death
Summoners who are taken by demonic hands through a rift upon death
Mages with unique deaths~
Okay, this is a very neat concept, but now I’m imagining some sort of spy/con-man/not-what-they-seem scenario where one of the hero’s party is mortally injured and the party member doesn’t die the right way and there’s shock and confusion and distrust and a new story arc. I want to read that, somebody write it for me. ò 3ó
This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
favorite things about this
- literally all the brass starts to get the hang of it and then the crescendos happen and everyone is like FUCK FUCK FUCK??? FUCK. JUST. BLOW RLY HARD.
- the strings are lazy but also the same. like u can tell a lot of the ppl w/ the stringed instruments may already basically know how to play stringed instruments. like there’s definitely a section at the beginning where you hear a good portion going “oh yeah this is like. a smaller/bigger version of what i do.”
- all you hear of any woodwinds is just “pffffttt??? pFFFTTTT???? PFFFFFTTTT I SAID PFFFFTTTT!!!!!” bc woodwinds are fucking HARD and you hear after like the first crescendo half of them just give up. they give up. they’re done. fuck this it tastes weird and my lips hurt.
- that trumpet. that person is fucking TRYING man they fucking GOT this. they may not have figured out notes but they figured out LOUD and they GOT this.
- someone’s about to break a timpani head
OH MY GOD THE BRASS
Fun story. Going through menial tasks at work and listening to music. Figured I’d listen to this ‘cause I was curious. Kept turning up the volume because it seemed really quiet, only to realize after like 30 seconds that it was because /my headphones were plugged into the computer and I was blasting the (thankfully sparsely populated since it’s late) office with horrible orchestra music/.
*super red faced, though everyone seemingly took the explanation of why I’m listening to horrible sounding music quite well*